How much funding did women’s shelters receive in Alberta?
- Governments gave Women’s Shelters in Alberta between $27mln and $44mln in 2010 – and likely much more.
- The tax burden per Albertan was $12 for each man, women and child in 2010.
- Each shelter visit cost $4,534 for duration of 1-33 days.
- Critical questions need to be asked about the fiscal sanity of these operations given the outrageous cost per stay.
- But more importantly – what are they actually accomplishing for all the funds pumped into them over the last 40 years?
- If we listen to them DV is more of a problem than when they started.
- Therefore they have no accomplished much.
- Maybe we should consider something different? Anything different?
View the Study
2013 May – How Much Government Funding do Womens Shelters in Alberta recieve PDF